Welcome to our move out procedure instructions. Below we will outline steps that must be taken during your move out process of your home. We may be showing your home after we receive your written notice that you will be moving out. We will phone or email you ahead to notify you of the showings, but we ask that you please provide us with your preferred contact information to avoid any miscommunication. Please make sure your home is clean during this time, as a cleaner home will rent more quickly and with fewer showings. Homes are typically shown between 9:00 am and 6:00 pm Monday through Friday. You are required to put your pet(s) in a secured area of the home when given notice that a showing will be taking place.
CLEANING, DAMAGES, & GARBAGE DISPOSAL As required in your lease, you must leave your home in clean and undamaged condition. If you do not have time to clean your home, we suggest you hire a professional cleaning service. We also require that if your home has carpet areas that your home is cleaned by a professional carpet cleaner. We will need a receipt upon move out that this has been completed. If your home is not clean and/or undamaged the charges for cleaning and repairs will be deducted from your security deposit, if applicable. You may be placed in collections with a professional collections agency for any unpaid damage charges. If Paielli Realty, Inc. is required to hire an outside cleaning service, you will be charged approximately $100.00 to $300.00. This is only an estimate of the cost, as the final bill will depend on the condition of the home. It is your responsibility to remove all of your personal items from the home and dispose of them properly. It is also your responsibility to dispose of any oversized items, such as furniture and large boxes. If you fail to dispose of any oversized items, you will be charged approximately $100.00 to $500.00, plus the hourly labor rate. All keys must be returned to our office. There is a $25.00 charge for each key not returned, in addition to all costs associated with replacing the locks.
Items Needing Attention For Inspection
1. Dust and vacuum throughout.
2. Clean all hardwood or tile floors and grout.
3. Clean walls and woodwork. (Some touch up paint may be required)
4. Defrost and /or clean all appliances (Where applicable)
5. Clean all cupboards and drawers inside and out.
6. Clean all sinks and counters.
7. Clean oven/stove inside and out.
8. Clean all restroom surfaces including but not limited to, tubs, showers, sinks, mirrors, fixtures, medicine cabinets and floors.
9. Clean all vents, exhaust fans, and replace air filters
10. Wash all windows and screens inside and out. Clean all window coverings and sills.
11. Clean all patios.
12. Have all light bulbs and smoke detectors in working order.
13. Mow and edge yards, pull weeds, trim shrubbery and rake rocks (where applicable).
14. Clean and have the pool running with all its fixtures and/or attachments (where applicable)
15. Clean all carpets. ALL carpets should be PROFESSIONALY cleaned with proof of receipt at time of move out inspection.
16. Window Coverings/Blinds and screens on all windows and sliding door in good working order
17. Keys: Should all be returned at time of move out. (Including: Door keys, mail
box keys, garage door opener, community and private pool keys.)
Electricity must be on at the time of your move out inspection for our staff to accurately complete the move out inspection report.
If maintenance work is needed to be done on the property (i.e. pluming, electric, air, landscape if applicable) it is imperative that you send in a maintenance request immediately so that we may promptly begin the needed work.
SECURITY DEPOSIT REFUNDS As stated in your lease, “The security deposit shall not be treated as an advance payment of rent and Lessee may not apply the security deposit as rent.” Please send your forwarding address to our accounting department in writing via letter, fax, or e-mail. Your security deposit refund will be issued within 14-30 days of your lease expiration date or as required by law. ONE check will be issued to ALL parties listed. Please contact our office with the date and time of your move-out so that we can arrange a walk-through inspection of your unit and coordinate the move-in of the new tenant.