5 Festive New Year’s Resolutions for Your Home
Get in shape. Stop procrastinating. Make more money. There’s nothing like a list of personal resolutions to kick off the New Year. But have you stopped to make New Year’s resolutions for your home too? After all, your home is the place you like spend the most time and it deserves a little improvement as well. Enjoy these 5 festive New Year’s resolutions for your home.
1. Lose weight by cutting clutter. If you’ve accumulated years’ worth of stuff from bad gifts and clothes to old appliances to knickknacks that are just adding clutter to your home, 2015 is the year to clear it out. The less you have the less you have to manage.Phoenix property managers recommend a minimalist approach by selling or donating your unnecessary items to make your home more peaceful for the New Year.
2. Save money by cutting expenses. When you’re feeling strapped for cash you either have to make more or spend less. So after crafting a new budget for 2015, Phoenix property managers advise that you go through each of your monthly expenses and trim the fat. Seek out discounts for car insurance. Eliminate the bells and whistles of your mobile plan. Pack healthy lunches in lieu of daily dining out. Seek out home discounts wherever possible.
3. Drink less by saving energy. Your home is an energy drinking machine! From electricity to water consumption, the more you use, the more you lose in the green department. Seek out an energy efficient utility plan, upgrade to energy star appliances, and consider energy efficient window coverings to trap in the cool and keep out the heat. By saving energy, you’re not only saving money, you’re helping the environment too!
4. Stress less by upgrading your security. Home security is a concern for everyone. Every time we see a news story about a robbery or a home invasion, we double check our locks before we go to bed. In 2015, upgrade the security in your home by updating or adding new locks, making sure your security system is activated and maintained, and recruiting the help of those you trust to keep an eye on your home when you’re away.
5. Stop smoking by reducing fire hazards. A residential fire occurs every sixty-six seconds according to the East Side Fire Department. Reduce the risk of fire in your home by reducing fire hazards wherever possible by keeping outlets from overloading, removing electrical devices with frayed or worn cords, not storing things on the stove, and replacing your smoke detector batteries.Phoenix property management companies also recommend checking the date of your fire extinguisher to make sure it’s not expired and making sure everyone in the home knows where to find and how to use the extinguisher in case of emergency.
It’s okay if you can’t do every single one of these 5 festive New Year resolutions for your home. Even completing just one thing on the list is still progress towards making your home a safer more enjoyable place to live. What’s your New Year’s resolution for your home? Share in the comments below or share on the Simply Property Management-Paielli Realty Facebook Page. – Greg
Simply Property Management – Paielli Realty, Inc.
Search Our Listings!
Follow us on Facebook & Twitter!
We Make it Simple Not Complex
Comments are closed.